MacCabe Durney Barnes has been commissioned by South Dublin County Council to prepare an Employment Floorspace Demand Study for Clonburris Strategic Development Zone (SDZ). Establishing a quantum of floorspace will contribute to the urban structure/form of the urban centres in the SDZ. The study sought to:
- Undertake a comparative analysis of similar centres in the Greater Dublin Area.
- Review the potential impact of major infrastructure projects.
- Prepare a supply assessment having regard to existing floor area surveys, zonings, current market availability and vacancy rates.
- Prepare a demand assessment having regard to local and regional demand factors, estate agents’ reports, IDA/FDI/employer demands, yields/rents, with a forecast of demand.
- Undertake a gap analysis between supply and demand.